After 2 years of a pandemic, am I the only one looking at 2022 as a bit suspect? I hope the year will be kind.
Let’s have fun and be kind anyway.
First, let me introduce myself. I’m Kathy Shaull – the face behind 13Prayers. I’m a retired educator and a writer, and I’m thrilled to have you here! If you need to know more about me, check out the Start Here page.
The title of my little corner of the Internet comes from the 13 prayers God put on my heart for my readers when I first started this adventure. Watch the video below to see what those are.
Clicking on a prayer will take you to a separate post that takes you deeper into what it means to me, so here’s a list:
(Clicking on each prayer will take you to a brief explanation/blog post from 2020.)
- That you would know Jesus is the only bridge to God.
- For you to grow your relationship with Him.
- For you to know your place in God’s heart.
- To crave time in the Word more than anything.
- To become still and quiet before God — your Strong Tower.
- To learn to recognize God’s voice.
- That you would memorize Scripture to light your way.
- To seek God daily.
- That you would only pitch a tent in hard times, not build a cabin.
- To get out of any pit before you have time to decorate it.
- To see God’s plan for your life.
- To see God has been with you in drought and in plenty.
- For You to offer your gifts and talents back to God.
What’s ahead for 2022?
As a suspense writer (the end of my trilogy set in SW Oklahoma comes out this quarter), plot twists are my favorite things. One day, as I was reading Scripture, I came upon a verse that wasn’t exactly a plot twist – it was a Thought Twist.
A Spiritual Thought Twist.
As I kept looking, I found more and more scriptures that followed the same pattern: the world believes on thing… BUT GOD…!!!
So as we face another year of COVID and more chaos, we’re going to focus our attention on these SPIRITUAL THOUGHT TWISTS. I hope you’ll join me – and maybe invite a friend.