Still Available: Unlimited Access to the Superior Path examines Prayer #1 of my 13 Prayers for you, my reader.
That everyone who reads these words will know that Jesus is the only bridge to God
Why it matters:
Everyone has the choice to access the superior path.
In John 14:6, Jesus said, “I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. The only way to the Father is through me.”
We can choose to access God. And that choice is available to anyone. Once you choose God, however, there is only one path for unlimited access: Jesus Christ.
The Only Bridge
Imagine, if you will, that Father God is an island. Vast and beautiful, with constant invitations to come over. These invitations are all around you. You see the way some people are changed after they go to the island. And you want their calm during difficult times or their unfailing LOVE that they share with everyone. So, you decide to go to the island, too.
But there is no boat, no plane, no helicopter or submarine to take you there. The ONLY access is to cross a single bridge.
Jesus is the Bridge
He said so Himself in John 14:6, “I am THE Way and THE Truth and THE Life. The ONLY way to the Father is through ME.” (emphasis mine.)
“The only way.” Period. He doesn’t leave any room for doubt or alternatives. If we want real relationship access to Father God, we must approach Him through Jesus.
Five Steps to Access:
- Admit Your Need for God – Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” We are not worthy to approach God on our own.
- Access is Available – Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death, the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” We deserve death, but we have available to us the gift of eternal life through Christ.
- God’s Love Provided a Bridge – Romans 5:8, “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” God doesn’t like the gap between us, so He sent His only Son to die for us to bridge the gap.
- Everyone’s Invited – Romans 10:13, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Call out to Jesus, and He won’t turn you away!
- There is a Process – What do you have to do to access the phenomenal bridge? Romans 10:9-10, “If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”
A-Admit to God that you are in need.
B-Believe Jesus is the Son of God – raised from the dead.
C-Confess your belief to others.
Dear Reader, this is the most important thing we could ever discuss here. If you don’t know Jesus, today is the perfect day to meet Him. He will transform your life!
Thank you, Abba Our Most Precious Father God, for loving us so much that you gave your Son to create access to You.