What are the 13 prayers behind the name of this blog anyway?
So, what are the 13Prayers I pray for you?
And how did this become the blog’s name?
Let’s start with the reason
I married into the SHAULL family. No one can spell it. There is no “C” – it isn’t Schaull… And there’s no “W” – it isn’t Shawl.
And only a few people can look at it and pronounce it. (It rhymes with “hall” and “basketball.”)
So, when I decided to expand my reach into the world with a blog, it made sense to name it something besides my name. I decided to list out the things I’d be praying for my readers, and I came up with 13 prayers.
Here they are:
(Clicking on each prayer will take you to a brief explanation/blog post from 2020.)
- That you would know Jesus is the only bridge to God.
- For you to grow your relationship with Him.
- For you to know your place in God’s heart.
- To crave time in the Word more than anything.
- To become still and quiet before God — your Strong Tower.
- To learn to recognize God’s voice.
- That you would memorize Scripture to light your way.
- To seek God daily.
- That you would only pitch a tent in hard times, not build a cabin.
- To get out of any pit before you have time to decorate it.
- To see God’s plan for your life.
- To see God has been with you in drought and in plenty.
- For You to offer your gifts and talents back to God.