What promise do you hang on to?
Sometimes, no matter how hard you hang on, a promise just doesn’t work out:
- The kids hang on my promise to go to the zoo on Saturday–then it rains on Saturday.
- Hubby would hang on my promise to pick him up at the airport at midnight–but an ice storm keeps me home until daylight.
- The family would hang on the contractor’s promise that the renovation will be done by this date–but we can’t really move into the new home until a week later (literally as the new tenants are moving into our old home).
It happens. We’re human.
God isn’t human. (Thankfully!)
As we continue looking at the lyrics from the songs in my current playlist, today we’re looking at Promise , by Sanctus Real.
These lyrics really hit home with me.
- I have been in circumstances where I have absolutely no idea how to pray. I held tight to God’s promise to listen – no matter what.
- There have been times in my life when believing in an unseen God is near impossible. I held tight to God’s promise that He is with me.
- When I don’t understand why some things happen, I have to hold tight to God’s promise that He has a plan for me.
- And when I feel unworthy and defeated, I hold on to the absolutely unsurpassed promise of God:
Jesus is alive, so my debt is paid.
Difficult times will come. There’s just no way around that. But God’s Word is filled to overflowing with sooooo many promises! If you haven’t done a Google search for Bible promises, I challenge you to do so now. Go ahead. I’ll wait.
Oh, hi. Are you back so soon?
I got over 62 million results. One even offered a list of over 3,000 promises from each book of the Bible. (You can see that here.)
That’s a lot of promises. I challenge you to start through a list like that. Make yourself a list 365 promises of God that comfort you — or 366 for leap years…
And don’t forget the BIGGIE: Jesus died for you, and He’s alive again!
If you haven’t met Jesus, please met Him here.
I’m so grateful for each of you. Lock yourself to His promises this week, and see how it goes. Let me know. I’m praying for you.