I’m more than a skeptic. I’m ridiculously cynical.
Faith is hard for me. Or at least it used to be.
Psalm 52:8 says, “I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever.”
Over the years, God has brought me to that point, but it took some doing. He led me through some difficult situations, and it was on the other side that I finally saw His steadfast love.
- Hubby worked/lived away from home for a year. I had to trust God.
- We needed to sell our home to move, and we only showed it 4 days before we got our complete asking price during a slow housing market. I had to trust God.
- We wanted to purchase new home. We looked at over 40 properties during 4 years. When we finally found a home, we had better loan opportunities. Better interest. It was a long 4 years. I had to trust God.
- My sister-in-law died. My mother fell before her funeral even started and shattered her leg. She needed me to help care for her through surgery and the transition to a rehab facility. She was still at rehab when my father died. I was overwhelmed. I had to trust God.
- I was diagnosed with a serious medical condition that required surgery. I had 6 surgeries in 88 days. I had to trust God.
God taught me to trust by leading me to rely on Him in the tough situations. Now, I work to trust Him in the day-to-day moments. I keep my eyes open for the little blessings that He sends my way as a reminder of His steadfast love. Gracelets, I call them. I try to find at least 1 each day.
What gracelets have you found today? Do these little blessings help you to trust?by
Mary Brack says
Kathy, such a beautiful testimony of your faith and God’s goodness. Thanks for sharing it. 🙂
Faith is hard for me also. Thanks for sharing your testimony to God’s goodness through tough times. His mercy during crises.
Kathy Shaull says
God is good – all the time. My problem is that I don’t always take the time to notice. I’m working on that. Thanks for your comment!
Diane Marra says
you are a walking testimony to God’s trustworthiness! thanks for sharing your heart and your experience. You give others hope. LOVE YOU Happy Thanksgiving!