K is for Known is my latest post in the Prayer A to Z series. You can find the other posts here.
I am known! So why pray?
Someone recently asked me why I need to pray. If God is all-knowing, shouldn't He already know what I'm dealing with and what I need? Why would He need me to ask for what He already knows?
3 Reasons to Pray:
- God tells us to, and Jesus set the example. Surely God knew exactly what Jesus faced, and yet we have multiple examples of His prayers in scripture. We are, in fact, commanded to "Pray without ceasing."
- God craves time with us. He was alone when He created the heavens and the earth, so He created man to be a companion. He hung out in the garden with Adam and Eve, and He wants to hang out with you now. (see I is for Invitation here.)
- God wants us to be fully dependent on Him. This is the whole-heart, all-in relationship God wants. No more holding back. Someone told me once that God is just waiting for us to mention some XYZ (big thing) just so His power can be released to deal with it. Once those secret things are "known" to Him, He gets busy.
I'm inspired by this song "Known," sung by Tauren Wells, by song writers Ethan Hulse, Jordan Sapp and Tauren Wells. Take time to listen now.
I am Known:
- Whoever loves God is known by God. - 1 Cor. 8:3
- Before I made you in your mother's womb, I chose you. -Jere. 1:5
- You saw my affliction and knew. -Ps. 31:7
We are fully known, so stop hiding any part of your heart. Pour out your whole heart to Him now.
Father God, we praise your all-knowing heart and ask for the boldness to share the parts of us that we have held tightly for so long.