Behind the Scenes? Behind the Curtain?
Maybe just “Behind.”
They say you should never let people see how the sausages are made. The Wizard ordered Dorothy NOT to look behind the curtain. Well, today I’m breaking both of those mandates.
Quick update on things here at 13Prayers:
- Novel. I’m thrilled to announce that the sequel to Choosing Justice is finally moving forward! Advance copies are in the hands of the readers even as we speak. Early comments are very, VERY promising. I’ll post a copy of the cover as soon as my design team has all the final details worked out. Expected release date is May 4!!
- Silence. I’ve just returned from a personal silent retreat. This was something I’ve dreamed of doing for many years. Just a time to get away with God. No phone. No social media. No computer. No speaking to anyone but God. I learned sooo much. Expect to hear more about this soon.
- Next. After the sequel? Well… I’m not certain. I have an outline for book 3. Actually, I have most of 2 different outlines for the next part of the story. But that will probably have to wait.
- Dogs.Wally and Jett. This is the children’s book — picture book — that I’ve been toying with for a while now. This is probably going to be my next project. At least the attempt to tackle it.
- And…? And then there’s the nugget I’m chewing on from my retreat. Once I figure it out, I’ll have more to say.
- Books to read. I’ve been working on the idea of reading 100 books in 2018. I saw something about this from Jon Acuff. The nice thing is that I get to decide what counts as a book. I’m at 24 so far, so I think I’m doing fine. I’m currently finishing Battlefield of the mind by Joyce Meyer. John Bevere’s Killing Kryptonite left me rethinking so many things. And I had a blast at our school’s readathon with Green Eggs and Ham and How the Grinch Stole Christmas – as chosen by my students.
- Art. While I’m reading 100 books, I’m also doing 365 things. I chose my things as Bible Journaling entries. This particular challenge doesn’t have to be done daily. Instead, you can do them in batches. This works best for me. Today is the 69th day of the year. I have FINISHED 76 Bible entries. And I have at least 24 in various stages of completion, with 6 verses marked to start so far this month. It’s been exciting to get back to this form of Bible study/worship.
So, that’s what’s on my plate right now. What have YOU been up to?